More Details about USCAP Hematopathology Tasting Menu: A Sampling of Delightful Diagnostic Challenges 2021
File Size = 15.90 GB
Overview – Topics/Speakers:
The most recent (2016) WHO classification of hematologic neoplasms delineates specific diagnostic criteria for well-defined neoplastic entities. However, pathologists who diagnose bone marrow biopsies and lymphoid proliferations often face challenges that are not directly addressed by the WHO system or represent reactive conditions that may mimic hematologic malignancies. These include atypical morphologic features, unexpected immunostaining patterns, and discordant genetic features in neoplastic entities. Pathologists often have difficulties applying the WHO criteria if they are not fully concordant with the expected patterns and/or if they are relatively new entities with which pathologists may be unfamiliar. Moreover, there is inherent subjectivity in interpreting morphologic findings and even the results of ancillary testing. The literature contains reports about the intrinsic interobserver variability in making hematopathology diagnoses and pitfalls when applying established criteria. This course aims to bridge the practice gaps between the ‘ideal world’ WHO classification system and the ‘real world’ of hematopathology diagnosis by presenting challenging case examples. These cases will illustrate how to interpret correctly and apply morphologic criteria in diagnosing hematologic neoplasms (including newer entities), how to avoid diagnosing malignancy in benign mimics, and how appropriately to integrate the results of ancillary testing with the morphology, particularly when there are discordant or unexpected results. We will provide participants with guidelines on how practically to approach such cases and avoid misdiagnosis, thereby improving their performance in daily practice. The target audience is general pathologists who diagnose bone marrow and lymphoid lesions, practicing hematopathologists and hematopathology fellows.
Practicing academic and community pathologists, and pathologists-in-training
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners will be able to:
– Use ancillary testing appropriately to diagnose lymphoid neoplasms correctly
– Recognize reactive mimics of hematopoietic neoplasms
– Use morphologic clues effectively to guide the workup of myeloid neoplasms
– Apply current (2016) WHO Classification criteria to the diagnosis of hematologic neoplasms, emphasizing newer entities
Items Included in the Purchase of this Course
– Handling Marrows from Cytopenic Patients – Robert P. Hasserjian, MD
– Aggressive Lymphomas – Laurence de Leval, MD, PhD
– Hematopathology Hodgepodge: Yummy Snacks and Scrumptious Hors d’oeuvres – Adam Bagg, MD
– Tea-Time – T Cell Lymphomas and Tid-Bits – Amy Chadburn, MD
– Marrow Surprises: Don’t Get Blindsided! – Robert P. Hasserjian, MD
– Gastrointestinal Hematologic Neoplasms – Laurence de Leval, MD, PhD
– More to Savor: Delectable Dishes and Delish Desserts – Adam Bagg, MD
– Immunodeficiency Lymphoproliferative Lesions – Amy Chadburn, MD
Original release date: November 12, 2021
Access to this course expires on: October 13, 2024
Covered Specialties and Categories:
Hematology, Pathology, simple, USCAP (United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology), USCAP Hematopathology Tasting Menu: A Sampling of Delightful Diagnostic Challenges 2021
download link of the USCAP Hematopathology Tasting Menu: A Sampling of Delightful Diagnostic Challenges 2021 course/book will be sent for customer, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime
General Detail about CME Courses:
CME (continuing medical education) Courses are one the of the options for kownledge improvement and update. also you can use them to get best performance on your board exam.
1- after buying this product, you will be provided with Download Link to USCAP Hematopathology Tasting Menu: A Sampling of Delightful Diagnostic Challenges 2021, Download Link DONT HAVE Expiry Time , you can use it anytime. Downloading The content is ALLOWED, you can easily save the product on your device.
2- You Wll NOT receive CME Accreditation and Certification. You will only Receive the course as mentioned in course format and you can use it for knowledage update purpose.